Friday, September 17, 2010

Happy Adoption Day, Bubba!!

Today is the day we celebrate with great joy God’s beautiful hand in the adoption of our 2nd son, Bubba. Although by God’s wonderful design he became our son at birth, we celebrate this day when the courts officially declared Nathan our son legally (he was ~9mo old). I stand completely in awe of God’s goodness every time I glance into his beautiful blue eyes. I see a plan that only the Lord could have designed. A course I could have never chartered myself. A plan of learning to trust Him completely with my life, my desires, my hopes and my dreams and watch Him bless us amazingly! A plan of watching His sovereign grace touch so many lives so deeply. A plan of seeing what true selflessness & sacrifice really looks like in the heart of a mother. I often look around at my incredible family and feel so undeserving of this blessed life. I shed tears of joy as I reflect on the ways He’s been in complete control of every detail of our family. He’s fashioned it so perfectly with His miraculous hands in ways I could never comprehend. I could have never created something this marvelous. It’s days like this that I can’t even put into words how swollen my heart is with love for my family, my three sons, and my Savior. Praise God to whom all blessings flow!! And we praise God for our most precious son!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Adoption is so beautiful! My celebrates Adoption Day for my three brothers every year :)