Mommy Moment Conviction
Today, the boys and I were having our devotional time. It was on prayer and we were talking about the Lord’s Prayer, how we can pray, why we pray, when to pray, etc… We were having a really great conversation and reading our little devotional book together, but Nathan kept scooting backwards and grabbing toys (like normal 2yr olds). I was getting a little frustrated with him, so, I stood him up and had a talk with him about listening, paying attention and being part of the time together. At the end of the time, I asked Brady and Nathan what they would like to pray for today. Brady had his usuals – Daddy, Baby Cole (Brandon’s brothers baby that’s due soon), Nathan, Mommy, our day etc… Then I asked Nathan and these were his exact words in a happy yet growly tone with a touch of anger as the sentence progressed. “I want to pray that Jesus gives Mommy nice words to me!!” I just smiled, we all prayed and here I am – with conviction from a 2yr old!!! Mommy-hood has got to be the greatest accountability I’ve had before the Lord thus far!!
The picture below is of the boys new favorite toy - A cardboard box!!! Brady is just kickin' back and talking to Grammy on my cell phone!! It was really funny to watch him and I think they talked for like 15minutes!!
No comments:
Post a Comment