Bubba's SURPRISE Boot Camp party! Jan 11th
Unsure of my dad's health condition, we decided to have Bubba's birthday party early this year. He had mentioned many times over the past few years how fun a surprise party would be. SO, we decided to combine the two and have an "early surprise" party. I can't even describe how difficult this was to pull off but we did it! I worked on all the decorations and details in hiding while the kids played. Mom was MIA many times throughout that week! Bubba has been planning this Boot Camp party for over 6 months and the most exciting part for him was to have his Granddaddy present since he was a retired 1st Sergeant in the Army. Sadly, he ended up in the hospital a few days before with a bacterial infection and could not attend. (This was the first time I've ever had a knock-down fight with God! Of course, he won! :) ) The Lord worked his wonderful ways though and Brandon got Skype set up so that my mom and dad could attend the entire party. Bubba's Granddaddy got to lead the boys in the Pledge of Allegiance and salute. I can't even put into words how heart-wrenching and beautiful it was for this to happen. All the kids also wished him well and signed a card for him. Then the computer moved around the party so my mom and dad could watch what was going on. It was perfect!! It was an amazing party! We also had a good friend currently in the National Guard Reserves to come out and lead them in some drills. Brandon's dad called them to order a few times too as he was once also in the National Guard reserve. OH, and I could not have pulled off the night without all the wonderful help of Brandon's mom!! The party was from 3-7pm and the kids had a total blast!!
I asked my my dad if he had any advice for some 9 yr old boys wanting to be soldiers.
The above quote is what he said, so it became the theme of our party.
SURPRISE!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment