Saturday, October 16, 2010

Friday Take-Five

Take One

Brandon left last Friday morning for 6 days on business so it was just me and the boys to take care of each other. It actually turned out to be a wonderful week. I feel like the Lord gave me an extra amount of patience and grace trying to keep up with everything. To give you a glimpse of this mom’s plan - breakfast’s were mostly eaten in the garage and lunch and dinners outside on the picnic table with paper plates! It’s amazing how not having to clean the kitchen after every meal can save a TON of time! I will confess though, I was absolutely exhausted when Brandon walked through that door! I did try to hide it for a few hrs before I collapsed! LOL! Have I mentioned just how amazing my incredible husband is?? Normally I get a T-shirt from his business travels. This time he brought me back a new generation IPOD shuffle!! So now I can listen to my podcasts around the house and have all my music for running on this itty-bitty, tiny, clip-on device! (So, when’s the next business trip???) ;-)

Take Two

This week we left for Brazil in school and we will be there for the next 2 weeks. I am so excited to finish making our Carnival costumes, eat more of the food and learn more about the culture. Wish we could take a trip! We’ve had a fun week making our masks and today we made Brigadeiro’s for our church’s Family Worship night. The kids loved them! Watching the boys learn the Samba has been the best though! Stay tuned for our Carnival performance next week in full costume!!

Take Three

I have been so encouraged seeing my children have a heart of prayer. We have been praying through the different cultures we are studying in school and all 3 of them have really gained a mindset of turning to God in prayer in any circumstance. I can’t even begin to name the number of times this week one of my children said, “We should pray”. Not only do they say it, they then bow their heads and begin to pray. My heart swells each time with thanksgiving for the Lord building this into my children!

Take Four

I found out today that the Warrior Dash is going to be in NORTH Texas 2 days after my birthday in 2011! Yes, I know I’m crazy but I really do want to run it again. It’s going to be on a different course in a different location. Brandon and I are going to try to sign up in an early timeslot so it’s not as muddy. Hmmm….why does the thought of a good physical challenge excite me SO much even after being injured in the same event? Maybe it’s just the thought of leaving my 30’s behind…gotta leave some awesome memories with it!

Take Five

Jokes of the week. My sons LOVE making up their own jokes. Bubba especially can turn almost anything into a play on words. Here is one from each and then one from a Bible riddle book they have.

Where do birds live in a house? In the pan-TREE! (Bubba B’s original)

Where is the best place to have a date? On a calendar! (Bubba’s original)

What kind of fish likes to chase mice…a cat fish!! (Little Bubba – the only joke he actually tells correctly from Caillou)

How is Jesus like a shoemaker? He heals soles (souls).

Nathan asked for a Mohawk...it's the best I could do and actually lasted the whole day! We had to wash it before bed because it hurt to lay on it! LOL!

No comments: