Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Nathan's Adoption Day!

(this was written yesterday but Blogger was down)
Saturday, September 17th was Nathan's adoption day (the final hearing for his adoption in 2004) but because we were traveling we decided to celebrate today at Chuck E. Cheese's!!! Nathan loves Chuck E. Cheese's and of course he didn't hesitate in choosing it when we asked him where he wanted to celebrate!! We looked all through his baby pictures this morning and showed him pictures of his birth family, his birth and baby pictures, Brady seeing him for the first time, etc.. He LOVES looking through all his pictures but today was an extra special occasion with lots of stories and he was mezmerized! He saw the judge that made everything offical (according to the state) and thought that was pretty cool! (such a boy!) :)

He isn't really old enough to understand the concept of his adoption yet, but I think he's starting to understand a little more and definitely knows that God has given him SOOO many people who love him. He knows that he was "chosen" by God to be our precious son and how special he is to all of us and his birth-families!! Brandon and I still stand in awe of our awesome God and how "good" he has been to us!! It's truly amazing how so many years of pain and pleading tears can be erased by the beautiful smile of two precious boys in your arms! How faithful the Lord is, how he truly does long to give us the desires of our heart, and how in all our undeserving ways HE chose US to be His children and Brady & Nathan to be ours!! The thought brings me tears of joy daily!! Nathan, we are so filled with joy and priviledge to be your parents and LOVE you TTTHHHHIIIISSSS MUCH!!! Nathan Exhausted!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that I know I can post comments...hee hee...
I wanted to say that I love y'all's fam & think/know that y'all ARE a blessing to all of us around you!

Thanks for sharing about Nathan's adoption day! Y'all are such amazing parents!

Love

DebbieH

Anonymous said...

God has blessed you both with such cute boys. Things happen in our life and we are amazed at what God has done...why is that? One would think that we would come a custom to the marvelous things that God does in our lives and with our lives. I look at your family and my heart smiles for you, Christi. God bless you both. I still think of friendship thru out our high school years and smile...most the time laugh. Love Ya..Janina